← Back to News List

ADD Your Summer Internship, Co-Op, or Research...

Full Title: ADD your Summer Internship, Co-op, or Research Position to your TranscriptHave you found an internship, co-op, or research position, but just don't know how to get it listed on your transcript or get credit for it this Fall Semester? Do you want a notation on your transcript for all your hard work, but are unsure how to proceed? Well look no further! The staff at the UMBC Shriver Center is here to help! If you found an internship, co-op, or research position on your own for the fall already, you can get the notation on your transcript (FREE OF CHARGE) - and be on your way to possibly receiving credit- its not too late. TO ADD INTERNSHIP/CO-OP/RESEARCH TO YOUR TRANSCRIPT: 1. Either call (410-455-2493) or stop by the Shriver Center on the ground floor of the Public Policy Building to make an appointment with a Coordinator. 2. Get a letter/memo from your employer (on company letterhead) verifying that you are interning at least 8-10 hours per week and bring it to your appointment. 3. Meet with a Shriver Coordinator to get enrolled in the Practicum (to have your internship/research noted on your transcript as a university sanctioned experience) and have your potential credit options explained to you. 4. Enjoy your internship, co-op, or research position this summer! If you DO NOT have an internship lined up but are interested in obtaining one, we’ll be glad to help you with that as well. To begin the process of finding an internship through the Shriver Center and UMBCworks, visit http://shrivercenter.umbc.edu/student_howdoigetstarted.html That link will detail exactly what you need to do. The Shriver Center (1st fl Public Policy) is OPEN from 8:30 am to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday, so stop in or make your appointment soon! Questions e-mail shrivercenter@umbc.edu> or call 410-455-2493 We look forward to working with you.

Posted: July 26, 2010, 5:57 PM