Easy Apply! Deadline – Monday, February 15th, 2021!
The deadline for application submission is Monday, February 15, 2020 Only COMPLETE applications and essay responses 400 words or more in required format will be accepted.
*THE SCHOLARSHIP AWARD WILL BE APPLIED TOWARD SPRING 2021 TUITION*
The Samson, Rosetta A., and Sadie Feldman Award $700
This scholarship is awarded to students who have completed their junior year of studies and have demonstrated, through community service and academic activities, an understanding of the responsibilities of citizenship.
The Samson, Rossetta A. and Sadie B. Feldman Family Award for Citizenship was established in January 1996 by Sadie B. Feldman in memory of her family.
1. Please describe your understanding of the responsibilities of citizenship as demonstrated through community service and academic activity.
2. Discuss why your service organization is important to the population it serves. Thinking back on your service-learning and community engagement experience, did the organization address a symptom or a root cause of an issue impacting the population served? Explain.
3. How has your service-learning experience(s) impacted your continued involvement at UMBC and engagement in the broader community?
Samuel I. Rosenberg Fund Award $900
This annual award will recognize a student at UMBC who has completed an outstanding apprenticeship within the citizenship and public policy initiative.
Established in April 1995 by Samuel I. Rosenberg, this award is given to a UMBC student (any year) who has completed a public service-focused internship, with either a nonprofit or government organization, directly addressing a social challenge.
1. Reflecting on your public service-focused experience(s), did you take risks or play it safe? Were you challenged? Explain.
2. Discuss an issue your placement organization addressed. What do you think is a possible solution for the issue?
3. How has your public service-focused experience impacted your involvement at UMBC and engagement in the broader community?
Again, only COMPLETE applications will be accepted until February 15th! Questions can be directed to Kasey Venn at email@example.com.
Past Samson, Rosetta A., and Sadie Feldman Awardees:
- 2020 – Toan Bui, MS Aquatics
- 2019 – Cameron Walkup, Maryland Department of Natural Resources
- 2018 – Kara J. Seidel, SUCCESS
- 2017 – Asma Qaiyumi, College JUMP
- 2016 – Cheyenne Smith, College Gardens Youth Program
- 2015 – Sayre Posey, College Gardens Youth Program
- 2014 – ThuyVy Duong, SUCCESS
Past Samuel I. Rosenberg Fund Awardees:
- 2020 – Alexandra Siebenhaar, Esperanza Center
- 2019 – Kayla Addai, UMB CURE
- 2018 – Genevieve L. DeRose, The Choice Program
- 2017 – Kyle G. McKee, SUCCESS
- 2016 – Judith Han, BARCS
- 2015 – Chad Byrd, SUCCESS
- 2014 – Shellina Campos, BARCS