Skip to Main Content

Steps to Apply

Choose a Graduate Program and Apply

Separate admissions applications are required for each graduate degree program.  Specific questions about degree program requirements should be directed to the appropriate department. Also note that you are not limited to only graduate programs offered by UMBC. Other qualifying institutions in the University of Maryland school system are available. Please contact us directly for more information.

Take the GRE Should Your Graduate Program Require It

The GRE is not required for admissions to the Peaceworker Program, but may be required for admissions the degree programs.  The GRE submission code for UMBC is 5835. If your program does in fact require scores, please include an unofficial copy of your score report with your complete Shriver Peaceworker Fellowship application.

Fill Out and Submit a FAFSA to UMBC

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA is a key component of your application to the Peaceworker Fellowship. It should be completed by early March, and it is customary for applicants to wait until after they have filed their taxes to file their FAFSAs. Please complete a FAFSA after you have filed your taxes for your application year, and be sure to submit it to UMBC using the school code 002105.  Also note that while Federal Work Study funds contribute to the funding of our program, you do not have to be work study eligible to receive the fellowship.